Monday, June 6, 2011

Baby Prosser #2!!

It's true,  It's true!  We're doing this crazy thing again!  Luke and I are SO thrilled to be announcing a second little Prosser babe will arrive somewhere around December 19, 2011.  There's been such a mix of emotions through all this, but overall.. so excited!

Today I just began week 12 in this pregnancy.  We've known for about 8 weeks now, so I'm going to playing a lot of catch up!  It's so fun to go back and read through when this blog began, all in honor of baby #1 and all the adventures that were to come.  It's a great chance for me to express my emotions, my fears, my excitements.. and to have a way to remember it all!   So hope you don't mind as I backtrack a little, document a little about these past 8 weeks. 

So, to jump in...on April 9th.. I woke up and took a pregnancy test!  It was kind of random that I took it and I didn't really think it'd be positive, but I thought I'd check!  Sure enough, those 2 glorious blue lines came up and I freaked out!!!  I totally remember my reaction the first pregnancy, it was so fun!  This time, I wondered if I wouldn't freak out as much.. just think "oh cool, I'm pregnant again."  but I was thrilled!!  It's fun that it was a little shock/surprising but.. wonderful!   I ran upstairs where Luke was having breakfast with Leyton (oh.. yes, we still live with my parents.  oops).. but I ran up and said, "2 lines!  There are 2 lines!"   I don't really know if he understood right away what that meant, but when it clicked, he was so excited!  We had to keep our freaking out a little quiet because my parents were upstairs and didn't want to share the news quite yet, but it was so fun!

My sister happened to be in town that weekend, so I went up to her room, jumped in bed with her and whispered, "I'm pregnant!"  She screamed and said "I knew it!"  I love her :)   We went to tell Steph and Kevin (more tears!) and made calls to our siblings out of state.   It was funny to say so casually to our parents "Oh, Leyton's going to be an older brother."   Haha, they had no idea!  Over the next couple of days, we had so much fun telling our families and a few friends the great news. Everyone was so excited!  

We used this line a few times to surprise some friends: I showed them this t-shirt design and told them we had just ordered this for Leyton.  It took a couple seconds of confused looks then they got it!



But then was the waiting game.  I had no idea when my due date was so I scheduled an appointment when I thought I'd be around 8 weeks.  I had to wait about a month to go to the doctor!  It's kinda weird when you don't have a belly, didn't really have any symptoms of being pregnant and haven't been able to see the baby!  It just didn't feel real.  It was fun to tell a few people, but it just felt fake.  

So after waiting for what seemed like a year.. on May 16th, Luke and I went to the doctors and got to see the little baby!  We had an ultrasound to check on the baby, measure it and get a due date.  At that point, they told me I was 9 weeks and the baby was doing great!   With Leyton, we only had a 20 week ultrasound because everything was normal and there was no reason to do another.  But to see this cute little thing at 9 weeks old was incredible!!!  Just amazing!  It was an inch long and had developed all the essential body parts.  The heart had divided into 2 chambers, valves had formed, as well as tiny teeth.  (seriously?  the tears are flowing right now even thinking about it!)  The baby's organs, muscles and nerves were kicking into gear.. eyes are formed, as well earlobes, a mouth, nose and nostrils.  Oh!!

We were absolutely floored.  I started crying right away as this little one inch gummy bear was moving across the screen, waving its arm.  Something crazy happens when you see this little life, this baby, this child growing inside.  And I think it's even crazier the 2nd time around.  When it's the first, it almost seemed more mysterious.. I kept thinking, that's my baby?  And this time to think.. that's what Leyton was!  Leyton has my favorite nose in the whole world and that was there at 9 weeks?!  This little creature becomes a real, moving baby.. our child.  Incredible.  So without further adieu, I'd like you to meet baby Prosser #2!





So there's ya go.. that's my feelings!  We are loving every bit of this.. even the little pouch that decided to debut itself this past week!  I will share much more about all these changes and what's been going on this time around.   Here we go again!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Congratulations lady :)

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you!!! You are such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete