Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ode to Luke

My darling husband is officially 28 years old!  We had a wonderful birthday week/weekend celebrating Luke.  He's used to it by now.. I can't not make a big deal out of birthdays.  I just can't.  It was a perfect weekend of spending time with just Luke and I (late night movie, shopping, eating lunch outside at D'Amicos, mid-afternoon matinee on a rainy day..) then we reunited with our little guy at the Prossers house.. biked, swam and enjoying the mix of nice weather that we had.   Luke got lots of great presents, including tons of new clothes and a magic trick! (oooh)

On a bit of a mushy, sentimental note.. I love my husband! I am SO stinkin proud of him and how he has taken care of our family.  He is an incredible dad to Leyton and Leyton just adores him!  I am so lucky that he chose me and that I have him for my best friend all these years later.  I remember the bleached blonde, curly haired drummer with skater shoes and hemp necklaces.. and that man hasn't changed a bit!  Just looks a little different.  better, if you ask me.

Also, this news is coming a couple weeks late but... he got the job!  As some of you may know, he got a job at Olive & Co. in Minneapolis but initially given more of a temporary job before it was made permanent.  I don't know if that makes sense to the rest of the world.. but the good news is.. he got it!  Which officially starts our house hunting! (haven't decided if that's good news, house hunting is a bit of an emotional thing!)

Here's some photos from our weekend.. 




 oh my funny boy!
  the biking crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment