Thursday, January 21, 2010

no one told me..

Week 33 is here.. that means 7 more to go! 7?! That's not much.. that's 7 more date nights, right Luker?

Brad and Christy Gotto had their baby yesterday! He's precious.. baby Liam is here and Christy did so well! I'm so incredibly jealous that their baby is here, but it does make me that much more nervous for us to do this. Really... it's the greatest and most wonderful change, but it's a change! (I haven't decided how I feel about change, just ask my mother) It's crazy that we'll walk into that hospital just Luke & Kristen and walk out with Luke, Kristen + one! I'm thrilled... :)

So, this baby is growing and it really doesn't feel like it has much room to grow, but it will! This week the baby weighs a little over 4 pounds.. about the weight of a pineapple! It has passed the 17 inch mark in length. The baby is rapidly losing the wrinkled, alien look and the skeleton is hardening. The bones in the skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, making it easier for the baby to fit through the birth canal. (technical term..) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as its brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Our little one is kicking and punching and pushing all the time. I am now going to the doctor every two weeks.. last week the doctor felt around my belly and told me that the baby's head was facing down, which means those jabs to my ribs are its little feet.

This is new.. starting last week, I have been feeling a crazy, almost popping pain on my pelvic bones. ouch! It happened first when I was walking, but now it's more often, when I'm sitting as well. It's usually when the baby is moving around, pushing at those bones. I was a little freaked out because a couple times it almost made me buckle over. But I called my oh-so-smart sister in law, Lisa.. who told me this is normal, and it only gets worse. sweet. I can't complain too much, I have really loved being pregnant, so I will take these little pains over the great reward.

I had a shower this week, given by the teachers and students at my school! It was so fun and we got more great stuff! I'm feeling more ready! And no.. the baby room is not done.

oh, I'm officially waddling. don't make fun.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog!! YAYA!!! I am almost done with my first blog book and can't wait! Happy blogging...can't wait to meet BABY P!

    ReplyDelete