Tuesday, January 26, 2010

6 weeks & counting!


6 weeks to go until we meet this little creation! I'm in week 34 right now.. this is what's going on:

The baby now weights almost 5 pounds, the weight of an average cantaloupe! It's almost 18 inches long. The fat layers, which will help regulate the body temperature once he or she is born, are filling the baby out, making it rounder. The skin is also smoother than ever. The central nervous system is maturing and the lungs are continuing to mature as well. If our baby were to make its appearance early, there shouldn't be any health problems at this point!

As for me.. sleeping is getting tougher. It's quite an effort to roll over or do much standing up and sitting down (I had abs at one point!) I feel like I'm waddling quite a bit and it's just tougher to really do anything. I had a wedding on Saturday and I have one more next weekend, then I can really just lay around and do nothing.. juuust kidding, I'll be walking, swimming, blah blah..

And it's baby shower time! For those who know me, you know that I kiiinda love parties. and presents. I know, it's bad, but these presents aren't for me, I just like opening them! I had one last week with the teachers and students from my school, that was really fun. Then, on Sunday, our friends the Lees and the Froehles had a couples shower for us. (or as Luke likes to call it, a man shower. I think I'll stick with couples shower). It was really fun and so special! Our friends Jeff and Tiffany gave a great devotional with some really good words of advice. To sum it up.. the rules of Poop Parenting: Patience, Obstacles, Obedience and Process. Thanks guys!

Here's some highlights of what we got..

I think Jenna is trying to say something...






2 comments:

  1. My nephew has the same elephant :)

    It's super fun hearing about life and the progress of your little baby.

    Praying that sleeping gets better. Do you have a preggo body pillow? Liz swears by hers. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I'm am not going to lie, I'm pretty jealous you only have 6 weeks left!!! I still have 11 and it feels like forever until I get o hold my sweet little peanut!!! I guess in 6 weeks I will pass the time by holding yours. I'm so excited to meet baby Prosser and kiss "her" all over, LOL. Miss you lets go swimming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete