Monday, November 2, 2009

baby's first plane trip


We went to Colorado! One last wonderful vacation before the little arrives.. wonderful meaning just Luke and I. :) We went to Denver to visit Nathan & Chrissie and then headed up to my grandparents house in Estes Park. Luke has never been there and it really is one of my favorite places on earth. It was absolutely beautiful. Denver got 30 inches of snow the day we got there, so besides the crazy roads, it was so pretty. Luke and I went snow shoeing in Rocky Mountain National Park, we hung out around downtown, eating caramel apples and taffy, and just relaxed. And I was feeling Christmasy, so I moved to the Peppermint White Mochas at Starbucks....mmm. It was Halloween, so we watched the Shining (oh man, I don't remember it being that scary) and went a toured the Stanley Hotel the next day where the movie was inspired. oooh scary.

It was soo wonderful to be with my fam and just get away for a few days. The baby is doing good, kicking away! I love it! I am into week 22 now, with a length of 11 inches (a spaghetti squash.. ya, that one is weird). The baby is looks more like a newborn now! The lips, eyelids and eyebrows are more distincy and it's developing tiny tooth buds inside the gums! woah. The eyes have formed but the irises don't have pigment yet.

I seem to keep getting bigger, which is a good thing I suppose. It's just more.. uncomfortable. It's crazy to look back at pre-prego pics of myself, I'm realllly excited to get back to those jeans (eventually) and just be more comfortable in clothes again. oh that day seems far away. I do like that my belly is getting bigger, instead of just looking big all over. I really don't like taking pictures of myself, not a good look.











No comments:

Post a Comment