Monday, November 9, 2009

new sounds.




The weeks seem to be flying by! It's week 23 now, and the changes are pretty crazy. Our little one has acquired a pretty good sense of sound. Not only can our 11 inch long baby hear the music, he/she will dance along with it. The baby can feel my sense of movement, and it's kicking..to the point where we may be able to see it kick from the outside now! That's nuts.. the kicks are getting bigger, it's sooo very cool. Loud noises become more familiar now, like a dog barking or the noise of the vacuum (or the girl rock music that I love).. the baby will be familiar and more comfortable with those noises when it make its debut into the world. Elsewhere in the world of the baby, blood vessels in the lungs are developing to prepare for breathing. It weighs just over a pound! It's really amazing to think that in four months we will meet our little one and all this developing and all the changes produce our baby! Our squirmy, crying, alive baby!

Luke and I have really decided to take full advantage of these days with just us. Going on dates, hanging out together, staying out late (ha, I sound like my 17 year old sister.. love you!). We're thrilled for this next big change, but we have totally valued the time we have had together. Wouldn't give it up..

I'm getting a bit more uncomfortable, but I love love the kicking and moving baby. I have more energy and make my way into the gym a bit more. Oh, but I did find a new love in my life.. raspberry frozen yogurt. mmm. But it's great that everyone can tell that I'm prego now. The guy at Potbellys asked if I wanted pickles and ice cream.. I said, you can tell! To that he said I was glowing :) Must be the sweat...



Oh, and I just had to share this picture of Easton. He's smiling. :)



2 comments: