Monday, September 28, 2009

baby turnip


What a lovely shape the baby is this week! :) This is what is happening this week.. the baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker. The baby weighs about 5 ounces (and mom weighs a whole lot more) and is around 5 inches long from head to bottom. The baby can move its joints and the sweat glands are starting to develop. Wow!

Today I had a baby doctor appointment, and got to hear the heartbeat again! It was around 150. What a precious noise to hear! It just sounds so.. cute!

Here's the size of the baby this week:



And the thing is... this seems big to me! But I don't feel a ton bigger in my stomach and I'm anxious to feel the baby move! They say the first things you feel are more like gas bubbles, which I think I've felt! I know you're in there little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment