Monday, November 21, 2011

weekend update!

We had a wonderful weekend in Des Moines and I don't have one picture to show for you!  As these weekends always are.. they are quick.  and wonderful.  and so special.  So I was too busy soaking in all that special to take one single picture!   You can check Lisa's blog here to see some of the photos she took at Landon's 3rd birthday party!  Luke, Leyton and I headed down Friday and joined my parents at Ryan and Lisa's house.  So, just use your best imagination to picture the fun weekend we had.  Highlights include:


downtown Des Moines holiday promenade, exploring the local shops, getting treats, listening to caroling and finishing off at a German restaurant. fun.

Chaotic and so fun birthday party with tons of kids, gifts and cake.  
I love parties!  Especially little kid ones!

Shopping and the mall with the girls.  Seeing my dear friends Lindsay and Angela and they're adorable boys!  so good to just see their faces and enjoy these new babies!

Twilight movie with Lisa.  whew... stressful.  

church, lunch with my friend Rachel and the long drive home!

Like I said.. wonderful! 

Update on the baby front.. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and have less than a month to go!!  what?!  I can confidently say that I'm so so ready.  No, the room isn't ready and clothes aren't washed, but... I can't wait to meet this little mystery baby and to be done being pregnant!  This is getting extremely tough.   I don't remember it being so difficult with the first pregnancy, but then again, I didn't a 20 month old to keep up with!  ugh.  New development over the weekend.. my hips hurt and pop and.. spread? all the time.  It's quite painful.   I just feel large and tired all the time, so I really hope this next 4 weeks goes super fast!  

But the good news is, I can start to relax quite a bit from work and keeping up with all the photo editing!  I still have more to do (Christmas cards!) but I can actually relax during the boy's naps and have some time to myself between all the Leyton chaos.  I'll take it!   I cannot wait for this holiday week and for Thanksgiving day with our families.. with everyone coming to our house! 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, 36 weeks!!!! She/he could come anytime! Cruzy was born at 37 weeks 2 days so I hope your little guy or gal shows up a bit early too for you! :)

    ReplyDelete