Thursday, January 13, 2011

one of those days..


We've had a rough few days around the Prosser house. It started with a few rough nights of sleep for the little guy, a few crabby days. We went to the doctor to find out that poor, sweet Leyton (he wasn't poor, sweet Leyton while he being a crab).. he has a double ear infection, double eye infection, was working with a fever and a mouthful of sore gums waiting for more teeth! That's no fun for anyone! But we got him medicine and are on our way to recovery.
Thank the Lord for medicine!

Another hiccup.. our computer crashed! (again!) I know, I know, Apple computers shouldn't crash. And they shouldn't.. but they do. Maybe it's because of the massive amount of use it gets between Luke and I, but it broke. Luke was in the Apple store all day yesterday trying to figure it out, so it's away at the computer doctor right now trying to get fixed.
Is there medicine for that? Probably, it just costs a dang lot.

So, yes, I have been on the verge of tears for a few days. I didn't actually cry, because I seem to constantly realize that it's not that bad. While running errands yesterday, I witnessed a poor old man bracing himself in between two older women and having to sit in the middle of the parking lot because he couldn't make it inside. In the end, the ambulance had to take him away. Now that's sad, that's the tough stuff.. oof.

I am SO grateful for my life, for my everydays, for my family, my friends, my God! Love this verse I found today. "So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls." Hebrews 6:18, 19

That's what I need. On days like to today, I really need a strong anchor for my soul. Thank you Lord, for this reminder.

On another note, Leyton is adorable lately, he really is. He's looking so much older! Like a little boy.. a little boy heading off to pre-school.
oh no, here comes the tears.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! That does not sound fun!! I will be praying for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from all of the not fun stuff going on, I love the way you blog!

    Hope that little man is better! That is just icky stuff!

    Silly Mac! Ugghh... at least it's not wedding season :)

    I can't stop laughing at the preschool comment. You are too funny.

    Your heart is amazing and I love you. Hello to the boys!

    ReplyDelete