Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm a mom..

I've been thinking.. after months and months of dreaming and thinking about this little peanut in my belly.. trying to imagine what life is like "on the other side.." I'm here, and it feels like this is all I've known! It feels like I've been doing this all my life, it's hard to imagine anything else!
For all you mommies out there, you know what I mean..
which brings me to my list:

You know you're a mom when..

.. parking your car brings a new strategy to the game. Not just parking close to the door, but as close to a shopping cart corral as you can..
.. you have a stash of earrings in your car. After many attempts at wearing earrings, and quickly learning that they are just a toy to be yanked out of your ear.
.. you park in the "mother with infant" spot even without the baby.. just cuz you deserve it.
.. your facebook status went from news of Friday night's events on the town to the latest diaper rash solution or your baby's first burp. (it's true!)
.. it's a good day when you only had to wear one shirt, and managed to get by with minimal milk/drool/food stains.
.. every time you go to eat with the little one in tow, you don't really remember eating.. somehow you manage to inhale your food while stuffing food in the mouth, picking up dropped food, telling them to stay seated..
oh the list goes on.

Sound about right, my mother friends? Feel free to add to the list.. :)
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment