Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful list

I suppose it's this time of year, being Thanksgiving and all, where you stop and think about what you're thankful for. I'd like to say I don't need a holiday to realize what I'm thankful for, but I don't do this often enough. I hope it's more than once a year, but it really means a lot to think about the lots of ways that we are blessed. There are plenty of trials and difficulties in our lives, but the blessings totally outweigh the tough stuff.

Kristen's List:

My best friend and husband, Luke. These days you would think Leyton would be #1 on my list. But it's Luke. He is seriously the funniest person and I know and brings so much light and joy to my life every day. He is an incredible dad and has such a servant's heart. I am so thankful that he married me and puts up with me, I'll be forever grateful.

My #2 man in my life.. little Leyton. I don't even have to explain how thankful I am for this guy. Daily I look at him and can't believe that we are so lucky to have him in our lives. I know that goes for both Luke and I.

My family. I LOVE every single person in my family! (families.. wow, I get 2!) The ones that live close and the ones that live farther from us.. if it were up to me we'd all live a little community together so I could see their smiling faces everyday. I realize that it's pretty rare to have such loving families that love and support us, that love God with all their hearts. mmm :) I love our little ones so far (Leyton and Landon) and the ones on the way.. here come a bunch of nieces and nephews!

My friends! Wow, there's a lot of faces that comes to my mind when I think of our friends.. we're seriously blessed! It has been a really tough year for some of my closest friends. I'm thankful for them and our unity together and in the same breath, I'm thankful for these trials. God is doing some amazing things and I'm lucky to be a part of it.

My job. I don't think I will ever get to a point where I just do my job and don't think every second how lucky I am. I love being a photographer and all that involves. It really is so fun and I am so blessed to be able to keep doing what I love, while also doing my #2 job (which is really #1).. being a mom!

Those are the big things.. the daily stuff that I kinda just get used to but when you put them in a list.. sheesh, that's a lot of good stuff.

Then there's the little stuff.
My car (I love my Mazda!), the sale of our house (maybe?! still waiting to hear if it all goes through, but I'm thankful ahead of time), Easton, Starbucks, our weekly TV shows, cooking for Luke, the luxury of shopping for clothes, trips to Iowa, date nights, upcoming vacations to look forward to (Florida & Quebec!!), my camera, Luke's job, seeing Leyton after a nap (soo cute!), shopping for Leyton (that's fun), and. chocolate.

That's just a brief list, I know there's a lot more. I like this holiday!

And just because blogs are better with pictures, here's to giving thanks..


Luke's List:

Well jeez, Kristen, you stole like every word and everything good in my life. Let's see if I can do this and not have it seem like the exact same list...hmmmmm.

Well my number 1 has still got to be Kristen. They way you love, respect and care for me and our family is unlike any thing I've ever seen. The way you cook, the way you clean, the way you dress, everything you do, i adore. You are the most selfless person I've met (but then it gets to be all about you with it comes to shopping and clothes...you will stop at nothing to find that perfect fitting shirt or jeans) so its give and take i guess. I love you more and more every single day.

numero dos: Leytron 5000. You are best thing to have happened in my life...in this last year. I love getting to know who you are and finding new things out about your personality everyday.

number 3: family...aka support beams. without all of you, we would be living in a gutter in new mexico eating little debbies that we stole from gas stations. thanks for all youve done.

numero 4: friends....jeez. this is the exact same list as Krast...oh well. you all know who you are. you guys are saweet.

and that's top four. i don't do the little things. plus, that's enough goosh for one post.




1 comment: