Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cake boss

So, I guess this blog isn't just about the adventures of Leyton.. Luke and I still have some sort of life outside of him (hard to believe, I know). We really love our friends and are so grateful to have the friends that we do.

Let's start with the background. Hilary and I challenged each other to a little cake off.. a few months ago, we decided we'd create some cakes for Watson's birthday and see who would win. Hil and I are avid Cake Boss watchers.. if you haven't seen it, check out Buddy, the expert cake maker, on TLC. So fun.

And these are the cakes we created! Mine took maybe 12 hours and Hilary's over 20. Aren't they cool? Fondant and all... we are really so proud, I personally didn't think I could do this. And I guess I didn't by myself, props to Luke and Firkus. Happy Birthday to Watson! We had such a fun night celebrating our dear friend!

My cake: (Chicago Bears colors)


Hilary's cake: (Watson loves the outdoors, tree swings and fall colors)


Oh, and we won. :)


1 comment:

  1. Amazing!!!

    I want to move up there and become your friend in daily life :D

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete