Wednesday, August 25, 2010

my Erin.


My sister is going to college on Saturday.
Let's be honest, right now I want to sit on the ground with the arms crossed and just pout. You can't go!

I LOVE my Erin! I can't even begin to describe how much I love her about how I feel about her leaving.. I'm SO excited for her.. but it's a lot of mixed emotions.

I know that Madison isn't really that far and we already live 45 minutes away (that's even too far).. but it's just the fact that she's moving. Moving on. That she's growing up, going to college and that I don't get to be a part of that. I know it's selfish, but I can be selfish, right? She's my little sister!

I think I'm beginning to see, on a much smaller scale.. what it feels like to have your kids go off to kindergarden for the first time (don't get my started on Leyton's first day of school. Kids can start school at age 12, right?) But I'm going to miss her! I know she'll have so much fun, but I want to be there! I'm so thrilled for her.. for the new stuff, the new friends, new places, new everything! She's about to start an incredible adventure and I'm so excited to watch her and see how God will use her. To see her put into practice all the things she's learned.

I've been so blessed to be a part of her life and to watch her grow up into the woman God has made her to be. And to think that I maybe had the slightest impact on her, makes me the luckiest sister in the world.

I will miss you my Ernie and I'll always be your Burt. :)


2 comments: