Monday, April 12, 2010

Rules for My Unborn Son


I love that we have a boy. I love that he burps loud, gases loud and eats loud. (yes Luke, I said gases) He already has so much energy! He loves to hold his head up, loves pushing his legs trying to stand and wiggles all the time. He's all boy!

My mom got Luke a great book before we knew we were having a boy. It's called Rules for My Unborn Son.. such a fun book! The author meant to say "unborn" because he wanted to think of all these rules for his boy before he had a son.. "before the mayhem of actual fatherhood made him too soft or too sanctimonious (I looked it up, it basically means too holier than thou)"



Now that we have a son, these are great rules! Life's rules to make a boy a real boy, or a man a real man. I love it. Here's some ideas:

When in doubt, wear a tie.
Ride in the front car of a roller coaster.
Men with facial hair have something to hide.
Be a vigorous dancer.
Stand up for the little guy. He'll remember you.
Start a band.
Know her dress size. Don't ask.
Spend time with your mother. She's cooler than you think. (yaaa!)
Yes Ma'am. No Sir. No exceptions.
Always meet your date at the door.
Sit in the front of the classroom.
Don't show off. Impress.
The best chance of being a rock star is learning the bass.
Be a good wingman.
Offer your date the seat with the best view in the restaurant.
Be a good diver.
On a night out with the boys, never be the first to go home.
Go all out on Halloween.
Offer your seat to a woman, no matter how old she is.
Ask your mother to dance.

I could keep going.. they are so good! These are my hopes and dreams for Mr. Leyton. I can't wait.

Until next time, mom.



3 comments:

  1. You are such a great mommy already! Mr.Leyton, I want to meet you real bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the coolest book ever. i was just thinking about how much i love having boys... more than i ever thought i would! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this Kristen. I hope to remember that book when I have children.

    ~Kristen~

    ReplyDelete