Tuesday, February 9, 2010

blessed.


We have been so incredibly blessed by all of our friends and family during the time. The baby showers have been awesome and the support for this unborn child is amazing! We knew we had good friends, but have been so blown away by how wonderful they are. seriously.

Here's some highlights:

Grandpa Bee (Luke's dad) wrote a sweet note to his grandchild.. so touching.
"I still remember holding your Daddy for the first time and how it blew me away and changed my life forever... I've been trained to believe that my responsibilities for you will include praying for you daily and spoiling you every chance I can. I promise that I will do that, but I pray for you even more. As you walk through this life I want to be your friend, fan and confiding teacher."

The latest shower given by my friends was so wonderful! I was surrounded by about 15 of my closest girlfriends, it was such a blessing! I am so lucky to have such good friends, from all different areas of life. Work friends, school friends, family friends, new and old friends, it was a treat. Hilary, Heidi, Watson and Suz put it together and did such a good job! Watson shared a message from her heart about being a mother, the joys and struggles of it all. People shared advice and prayed for me, Luke and the baby. Seriously, I'm crying just writing this (prego hormones).. but I'm stinkin blessed. that's it.

Hilary has been an incredible friend and shared some really encouraging words that again.. made me cry standing in the mall as I read this on my phone. I hope you don't mind Hil, but I want to share it.. so that I can have this recorded and remember it. so sweet. Here's a highlight:

"i just wanted you to know how proud of you i am. kristen, you have honestly inspired me. and i mean it.. hear my out here... you're such a beautiful woman and you even make pregnancy look beautiful and great. BUT it's also your heart, excitement and joy for bringing this child into this world that has blown me away. like no other friend i've had. it only makes me hope that i will love my unborn baby as much as you have shown. i hope i will love my kids as much as you already love your little. it's truly been refreshing to watch you as you wait for this little. thank you."

Woah, are you serious? I have the best friends ever! Can I brag about my friends? Cuz they're amazing! Here's some pictures of the shower on Sunday...











No comments:

Post a Comment