Friday, December 4, 2009

birthing class....

one word to describe that entire experience....messy. pure messy. i saw 5 births happen before my own eyes. the one i was supposed to watch in 6th grade, i turned my head away and talked to my friends through that experience. so going from not seeing one thing about this process to seeing 5...lets just say my eyes were not the only thing opened wide. yucky! la;skjdf;lakjsdfl;ajksdf;jsdf (keyboard freak out) and to add to that, we were in a huge auditorium/movie theater type setting. and im not joking you, i watched these things on a 90 foot screen. i am forever changed.

and looking around seeing everybody else in the place are almost ready to pop and here we are, 4 months away from having our baby...i couldn't help but get a little upset and think "we are here wayyyyy too soon". now i have to live with myself and what i saw for 4 whole months.

As we were watching the gore happen, i looked over at kristen and wanted to comfort her a bit by touching her leg. i hadnt even gotten my hand ready and she looked at me and said "DONT TOUCH ME.." hahahaha. OH, and if that wasn't bad enough to be watching these 'shows' one after another, our teacher gave us blow pops to suck on during them as a kind, little gesture...blow pops!! unbelievable, i grabbed a strawberry one too...wellllll, blow pops will forever be tarnished in my head...thanks a lot.

...we went wayyyy to early...

all in all, i did learn a few tricks, some comfort measures and some breathing techniques im suppose to coach kristen through. shes gonna be totally awesome/amazing and im super pumped to meet our human.

1 comment:

  1. OMG this is hilarious, we are so not going to that class or I will be terrified to have this sweet baby!!!! I will just let nature take over and let it happen as it will!!! Sorry you were scarred Luke!!!

    ReplyDelete