Wednesday, October 21, 2009

the staring begins..


We got to see our baby!!!! We had our ultrasound on Monday, October 19 at 8 in the morning. Coolest thing ever. It was so wonderful to just stare at our baby for about an hour. Before we left, Luke said, "this is crazy.. this is the first time we get to see our baby!"

The baby was moving, and kicking, crossing its legs, waving at us.. quite an active little one! It was pretty amazing to see it playing with its fingers, with the cord, just hanging out! The ultrasound lady reminded us that there is a little baby in there! I mean, we knew that... but it's a very active, real human that is amazed by its fingers, its toes and does looks a little bored in there. :) Can't wait to meet our little one!

and yes.. I was crying. Surprise, surprise.

I am into week 20 and getting bigger! I have been feeling some movement, but not a ton. This is something new I learned.. my placenta is on top (on top of what? I don't know).. but that means that it's harder to feel the movement until the baby gets a little bigger. The baby is about 6.5 inches long, about the length of a banana. I'm going to keep using the food comparisons (Luke...) , it just makes it a little weirder to eat a banana this week.

This is all sooo fun. For a little while there I didn't think I'd say this, but I love being pregnant!!

Introducing, baby Prosser!









2 comments:

  1. Precious!! I am so happy for you guys! I can not wait to meet your little one either. Kristen I bet you are just glowing :) Love to all three Prossers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an exciting time for you & Luke! Love the picture of the foot! It is amazing, this little miracle that God has designed just for you and Luke! Can't wait to meet...her...that is my official guess! Love you guys! HER Texas Grandma!

    ReplyDelete