Tuesday, October 13, 2009

a boy is winning?


Maybe, maybe we're having a boy! I decided I really have no internal motherly feelings one way or the other. Some days I think it's a girl and other days, a boy. I know it'd be great either way.

We're into week 19, halfway there?? That's crazy. This is what's going on: The baby's sensory development is exploding. The brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch. The baby can hear us now! That's awesome. He or she weighs about 8.5 ounces and is about 6 inches long, about the size of a large heirloom tomato. The arms and legs are in the right proportions to each and other and the ret of the body now. And there is hair sprouting on the little head! So cool.

Oh, the changes for me.. I am growing and growing! I like it.. it's nice to actually have a distinct baby belly instead of just looking bigger all over. It's funny because I have noticed for a while now, but sometimes I'll be in a store and someone will look at me and smile. I think they notice too! And we definitely have a moving baby! I can feel it some days more than others and it depends on if I'm sitting or standing, but it's really cool. Still feels like bubbles, like little pops. Some people said it'd feel like little flutters or tickling, but I haven't really felt that.

I went to Des Moines this past weekend for a baby shower for my friend, Angela. She is due the middle of November, so she's getting close! Here's a couple pictures of the two prego friends (no, Mary's not pregnant).. it's soooo fun that my dear friend Angela and I are both pregnant! I've known her since I think 5th grade, so it's crazy to go through this together! (yes yes, I'm a big fan of the slammers!!!) :)





1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I'm so glad we're prego together! Thanks for everything last weekend!

    ReplyDelete