Wednesday, June 6, 2012

prayer.

warning, this is more of a personal post, a little more of an intimate moment about my boys.. but I really love this blog and continue to do it so that a) I can remember every bit of this time in our lives.. through my writing, through sharing photos.. and b) to relate on another level to everyone else out there going through this same journey!

As we've said before, we pray for our boys. a whole lot.  We pray for their lives, their hearts, their health and everything in between.  We pray consistently and often, sometimes as if our lives depended on it.. and it does!  I am reading the book "The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian and absolutely love it.  I would completely recommend this book, it's so encouraging and challenging.  It basically goes through different ways, different areas to pray for our children (good relationships, keep from harm, developing a hunger for the Lord..), it gives Bible verses along the way and my favorite.. a sample prayer with each chapter.  It is so helpful to show me, as a parent, how to release my boys to the Lord, to entrust Him with their lives!  Those moments when I am able to sit (usually in the beautiful sunshine), and pour over this book, I find myself crying the whole time!  I know I know, I'm one of those.. but honestly, when it comes to my kids, it's an incredibly powerful thing!

I want to share one prayer from this book.. again, I do this to document and remember my heart right now and also.. to let you pray this along with me!  For your children, your family, your future family.

"Lord.. I pray for Leyton & Finn to feel loved and accepted.  Fill their hearts with Your love right now and help them to fully understand how far-reaching and complete it is.  Your Word says You loved us so much that You sent Your Son to die for us (John 3:16).  Deliver them from any lies that may be planted in their minds to cause them to doubt that.  Jesus said, 'as the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.'  Lord, help Leyton & Finn to stay firmly planted in your love.  May they say as David did 'cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust (Ps 143:8).' Manifest Your love to these boys in a real way today and help them to receive it.  I pray also that You would help me to love these boys unconditionally the way You do, and enable me to show it in a manner they can perceive.  Reveal to me how I can demonstrate and model Your love to them so that it will be clearly understood.  I pray that all my family members will love and accept them, and may they find favor with other people as well.  With each day that they grow in the confidence of being loved and accepted, release in them the capacity to easily communicate love to others.  Enable them to reach out in love in a way that it appropriate.  As Leyton & Finn come to fully understand the depth of Your love for them and receive it into their soul, make them a vessel through which your love flows to others.  In Jesus name I pray."




We love you, our precious little boys!

"You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."
John 15:16

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post, Kristen!!! Some days I am so overwhelmed by the thought of my sweet, innocent boys being thrown into this world that all I can do is pray. I've read The Power of a Praying Wife but I'm going to go get the Praying Parent! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristen for this sweet post and reminder of how important it is to be praying for our children! I love you and I love your sweet boys! I am going to get this book for sure! Love, Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks for sharing...you are such a sweet mom! You've inspired me to pray more for my boys! :)

    ReplyDelete