Thursday, May 24, 2012

my boys.. today.


It still kind of amazes me that everyday I learn something new about my boys.  They are constantly changing, evolving, becoming their own little people.. and letting me know just who they are along the way.  I don't want to miss a thing, and even the tough, annoying stuff.. that's still stuff and it's still a big deal to me!  Like for example, in the tough category.. Leyton is really pushing his limits lately and seems to enjoy his stubborn side.  I think he likes that he can talk now and can really communicate what he wants, so he likes to practice.   The other day in the car, he said he wanted some water.  So I gave him a sip of my water.. I asked for it back.  he said "no mommy."  I said "yes Leyton.." and on it went.  Then he gave it back to me, I had a sip and he said "put it down mommy!"   Like he was allowing me to have it back but not drink it..?!  oh my boy.  Then I asked if he wanted to watch dinosaurs when he got home and he said, "no mommy, no dinosaurs.  watch little foot!"  (same thing Leyton, same thing..)  He wants to push my buttons and he's getting there!



Other Leyton things.  He's a homebody.  At least once in the morning, usually when I get him dressed (heaven forbid), he says "stay home mommy."  He really would love just stay home all day and play with his toys.  Even if we run a short errand, when he sees our house, he says "yaaa home!"  :)  He also gets stressed when I talk about tomorrow or things happening later.  He's just comfortable doing what he's doing right now.  He's also going through a bandaid phase, can't get enough of em.. and he is fully convinced that kissing the owie heals it.  Keep that going, little man.

his artistic side (love the paint set up.. thanks Mom!)



In other news, Finn popped out his first tooth!  Leyton was way later with this and way more dramatic, so I'm glad it wasn't too painful!  I can see it in this picture but you have to look real close.. so you can just trust me.  Or let him bite you.




1 comment:

  1. Yes, Gabe is in the same boat as Leyton. He needs a bandaid for everything! Except for he calls it a "pancake"... super cute.

    ReplyDelete