Thursday, April 19, 2012

the calm side.

This is the thing.. I started writing this cute little post about my cute little son yesterday before he drew circles with a blue crayon all over our couch!  I can't even tell you how upset I was.  But you might be able to get an idea with this picture...


seriously.  It had already been an interesting morning, or what I like to nicely call a "teaching" morning.. complete with a couple "teaching" spankings.  Not really sure when he drew this masterpiece, but I turned the corner and was.. shocked.  I didn't know what else to do with the kid so I put him to bed!  of course, he was his super cute self when he woke up so we mended our relationship.. I guess.

anyways, I couldn't bring myself to finish this post with the mood I was in.. but we're moving on!  Despite Leyton's wild side, and apparently his rebellious side, some of my favorite moments with him are the times when we sit together and color. and draw. and practice letters. and do stickers.  It can last quite a while and it's such a nice break for both of us.

I think I've said this before, but I am loving this age where he absorbs so much! (but I guess except for the 'only color on paper thing'...)  It's so fun to hear the words he's learning, his letters, colors, numbers.. he already has such a creative mind and it's so fun to see his little brain at work.




and here's just a cute picture of his buddy Zakary.. milk and cookies were just what the doctor ordered.  they're master dippers too.. :)


1 comment:

  1. SOo cute. I still cannot believe that! Can't wait to hear if/how you got it out..

    ReplyDelete