Friday, January 6, 2012

the newbie.


 
We are falling more in love with our newest addition everyday.  It's only been 3 short weeks, but it's honestly crazy to think about life pre-Finn!  How does that happen?  He's so quickly stolen our hearts and has made his mark in this family.    There's so much to look at, listen to and memorize with this peanut.  Here's our notes of all things Finn.

So far his personality is quite mellow and easy going.  Side note.. I was looking back at the blog when Leyton was 3 weeks old and he has already made his mark as well, and was making himself known as an active little babe!  He was a bit of a handful as a newborn, and was quite a mover early on.   Finn has his moments where he pumps and kicks his arms and legs.. it's just adorable.  But overall, he's pretty easy going!   He definitely has no choice but to get used to the noise and chaos around this house!

He makes the cutest little squeaks and sounds.  He knows mommies voice and definitely responds when I get close to his face.  I do love this stage.  Leyton is all about dad right now, but with Finn, only mom wins :)  Just let me enjoy this!

As with all newborns, he sleeps and eats like a champ!  He is doing much better at his nights just in the past few days.  He's getting the hang of going back to sleep after he feeds and not being the party animal he thought he was going to be... at 3am.

Let's see... He likes the swing and sleeps in it often.  He is just now fitting into newborn clothes.. for a while he was swimming in them.  I try some of the 0-3 month clothes but right now they're all big!  love my little guy!!  With Leyton, I was so anxious to put him in all these clothes that are so.. grown up!  That made him look like such a little man.  But this time, it's all onesies.. I love him looking liking a newborn, I want to prolong this stage as long as I can!

His head is doing great, healing really well.  He's not so fragile anymore and I forget he even has an incision.  Such a blessing that everything has gone so well!  He has a check-up next week for his head, but we're so thrilled!

At his 2 weeks appointment, he was 7 lbs, 10 oz (21%!) and 22 inches long (73%).. love my tall, skinny boy!

2 comments: