Monday, January 11, 2010

contractions

sooo.. I had my first contractions! (this is Kristen, of course) I was working out the other day, doing the biking/treadmill combo and I had to stop because every few minutes my whole stomach would tense up, I guess.. and become really hard. I have felt one part or one side of my belly get really hard and tense before, but that's just the baby kicking or doing something angry (that's what I feel like at least). This time, it was my whole stomach! so that was it! haha it's still funny to me how I have no idea what I'm doing. But this baby is coming someday!

I had my first shower yesterday! It was sooo fun! I am so stinkin blessed with such good friends down in Des Moines. My friends Julie and Angela put it together, and it was great to have a combination of old friends, family, friends from church that we're able to come. We got some really great stuff, I'm so excited!

It was fun to see friends down in Iowa, and it's crazy because they all say I'm having a girl! I guess the way I'm carrying the baby is part of it, but they were so convinced that they were calling her a she! I would be absolutely thrilled to have a girl, but it just made me realize that I really have been thinking boy this whole time so it got me excited about having a girl!? Maybe?

Either way, this is all so fun and I'm loving every minute of it! I'll get some pictures of the shower soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment