Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We're going to have a baby!!

Hello! I decided that I need to get better at blogging and it would be great to have a diary/journal/update for the baby!

So.. here's how it begins..

I (Kristen) took at pregnancy test on Monday, June 29 and it said.. positive! I had to wait allll day for Luke to come home to tell him. I put a note in the door that said "I have good news for you" and when he walked in, he found a path of little baby shoes leading into the living room. I was standing there, heart pounding and said, "I'm pregnant!" .. which was followed by lots of screaming and hugging and Luke says "I'm going to be a dad!!" It was such a great moment.

We had to wait 10 looong days for my mom to come home from Colorado because I want to tell her first! We went over to my parents house with a present for my mom. Our hearts were pounding and we were so nervous! Finally, after they stopped putzing around the house and paid attention :) my mom opened her present. The card on the outside said "you'll need this in the near future." She opened it up to find a baby blanket and a picture frame that said Baby Prosser, Coming Soon, March 2010. My mom started screaming, my dad was so excited and of course, Erin was instantly bawling. (is that how you spell bawling?) It was so fun!!

We were so thrilled to tell his parents! They are dying for grandkids! :) We went over to their house, but only Muggs was there. We showed her the video we put together (it's attached, check it out) and she said "Are you serious??" and started crying! We then went up to the golf course where Chris was and showed him the video. He cried as well! It was so special.

That evening was full of telling our siblings that were out of state by using the video. One of the best nights of my life. It makes it feel so much more real that we can tell people! I don't feel much different, so it's nice to tell people! The day after I found out, I was in the kitchen and everything was smelling so strong! Every cupboard I opened, every food I smelled! I realized that that's what happens when you're pregnant!

There's more stories to tell.. telling Watson because I couldn't get my nosed pierced, telling the girls over girls night out (and.. I'm pregnant! cheers!) It's been so fun and so exciting!

We'll keep you posted on the changes and all these new experiences!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment